Interview in IDEA MAGAZINE



My interview in IDEA DESIGN MAGAZINE from Taiwan. October 2009
La mia intervista su IDEA DESIGN MAGAZINE Taiwan.Ottobre 2009

Please introduce yourself..


I’m a freelance illustrator, art director and graphic designer living in Italy.


I have a passion for creating and drawing since I could walk and talk.


After Graduated from Graphic Design in Fine Arts University, I started my early career as a graphic designer and art director .


I have a strong background in advertising agencies and international works and developed several campaigns for Ariston, Milupa, Lee Jeans, Quicksilver, Marks & Spencer, Novartis Consumer Health S.p.A, and designs for Fornarina, Versace, Max Mara, JOY magazine.…


I’m currently doing some freelance illustration and graphic designs.


In 2006 my 6 artworks being featured in Martin Dawber's latest book "The big book of fashion illustration. A sourcebook of contemporary illustration".


For more information about my illustrations, visit:


dpiudesign.com


and my recent works are at posterlounge.com.


Your computer platform: PC/Mac ? CPU ? RAM ? 2d software’s ?


I use a PC.


My main software is Adobe Photoshop CS3.


Which 2D software is your master tool to create artwork? Please tell us why you choose these software ?


I have always preferred sketching and drawing. I sketch my ideas out on paper first then I scan the artwork into the computer to work on the image digitally.


What are the most common problems involved during illustration process ? How did you solve these problems ?


Generally I have little several issues and they are easy to fix. When I’m working I try to make plans for every hour and in this way I don’t get negative stress and working relax. Being in a good mood is so important for an artist.


How to be a good digital artist ? tell us some suggestions ?


I think being a good digital illustrator is to work hard, be yourself and most important of all, strong drawing. I have been drawing all my life . I think every artist must have a sketchbook to get the bring out ideas for their artwork.


I design my own online portfolio and trying to update latest artworks. This is the first way for self promotion when being an freelance illustrator or designer.


What are your sources of inspiration ?


The major source of inspiration for me is music. New experiences, new places, fashion magazines, travel and beautiful people .


How to create a fashion illustration-artwork has a strong unique style ?


I think the secret is be yourself. I'm always trying to better my style, learning about the latest trends in design, illustration, art and fashion.I love drawing and it's the best way to express yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts